At NHCAC our goal is to keep you healthy and strong by providing our patients with tools to make healthy choices. We offer programs that focus on prevention, self management and healthy lifestyle behaviors. Through regular health screenings and classes we help our patients achieve healthier, happier and more productive lives.
- Diabetes/Hypertension Education
- Family Planning Education
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Diabetes Screenings
- HIV/AIDS Education
- Pre and Postnatal Care
- Nutritional Counseling
- Infant Care
- Oral Health Care
Pregnant women are treated with pre and postnatal programs that include services for newborns and family planning.
Childbirth Classes are offered in Spanish and English.
Chronic Care Support
NHCAC is committed to caring for people suffering from chronic illnesses such as diabetes, asthma, and cardiovascular disease. NHCAC’s chronic care support model is patient-centered and focused around the specific needs, concerns of our patients. We provide proactive programs focused on managing patients’ chronic diseases and maintaining their health.
NHCAC’s primary care providers are supported by a team of health care professionals including specialists, health educators, nurses, and other NHCAC team members.
NHCAC’s chronic care support team works to:
- Empower patients to manage their health through one-on-one as well as group-based education
- Coordinate needed care in a timely manner
- Advocate for patients and collaborate with community-based organizations to support the needs of patients
- Track patient history, care plans, and progress via electronic health records
- Offer care in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner