Job Placement Services
It is not anything we just do, it is the thing that runs our department.
We place individuals with various abilities into positions throughout the community by partnering with local businesses needing qualified and motivated employees. Career Specialists work closely with business in all sectors to match the job seeker’s skills and abilities to specific job demands of the partner employers. All Career Specialists are bilingual (English/Spanish).
Job Seeker Services
- Offer employability skills training for consumers based on individual needs. This includes assistance in developing resumes, preparing for job interviews, dress and grooming, developing job search strategies, etc.
- One-on-one career consultations.
- Internet access for job search and assistance with online job applications.
- Networking with business to establish partnerships that lead to a stronger workforce placement and better retention for the employee; establishing commitments that will tap into unutilized/underutilized resources to smooth the transition between welfare recipient and the newly hired employee.
- Provide Open House Recruitment and Community Job Fairs.
Services provided at No Cost to Job Seekers
- Must be a Hudson County resident and 18 years or older.
- Proof of current legal status – U.S. Passport, Green Card, and/or Naturalization Citizenship Certificate.
- Social Security Card for all house hold members.
- Proof of Address – Current utility bill (no more than 60 days old).
Proof of Income for the last three months:
- Award letter from Unemployment Office.
- Award letter from TANF.
- Award letter from Social Security Office.
Location: 400 38th Street, Suite 214, Union City, NJ 07087
Hours: Monday through Friday – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Contact our staff:
Santy Baez (551) 888-0398 email: email@example.com
Yoleisly Carvajal (551) 888-0397 email: firstname.lastname@example.org