Serving Families in Hudson, Bergen and Passaic Counties
NHCAC believes patients deserve to be at the center of their care. Working closely with an interdisciplinary team for comprehensive, coordinated care, treatment and service, you have the benefit of the following services:
NHCAC offers extended hours to address your medical needs. You can come in during extended hours for primary care. (Link to evening and weekend hours of all sites)
Call Center Services
The Call Center is a central appointment facility where a caring and dedicated staff handles all inbound calls for patients needing to schedule an appointment for services provided at any of our Federally Qualified Health Centers. Our hours are Mondays through Thursdays 800am-600pm, Friday 800am-530pm and Saturday 830am-500pm.
For questions regarding your appointment, contact us at 201-210-0200
NHCAC offers health education, classes, and resources. (Link to resources and classes and mobile van screenings)
Advice Line and After Hours Care
If you are not sure if you should go to the emergency room, avoid long wait times by doing one of the following:
- Call your care team during office hours to assist you with your medical needs.
- Call us at (201) 210-0200 to schedule a regular visit with your primary care doctor, if not an emergency medical situation.
- During hours when the health centers are closed, our on-call providers are readily available by telephone via our 24-hour answering service to assist with emergency situations.
Appointments/Same Day Appointments
To Schedule an appointment please call our call center representative at (201) 210-0200. Our appointment representatives will verify your information and assist you.
Our staff will also call you the night before your appointment to remind you. If you do not wish to be called, kindly inform our staff when you register or call our call center representative Monday thru Saturday from 8:30am-5:00pm.
Registration Requirements (One from each category)
Proof of Identity:
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Immigration Registry Card
- Employee Identification Card
- School Picture Identification Card
- Birth Certificate
- US issued Passport
- Legal Permanent Resident Card
Proof of New Jersey Residence:
- Rent book/lease
- Utility Bill (Electric, Phone, Cable, Gas Bill)
- New Jersey Drivers License
- Pay Stub
Proof of Household Income:
- Paycheck or Stub
- Unemployment check Stub
- Disability check stub
- Social Security Award Letter/Copy of Check
- 1040 Tax Form
- Charity Care Form from the Hospital
- Letter of Support
- Employer Signed Statement
- If no income, signed NHCAC Attestation Form
Fees and Insurances
Everyone is welcome at North Hudson Community Action Corporation Health Centers, even if you’re uninsured or can’t afford to pay.
We participate in most insurance plans. It is importantto be aware of your insurance plan’s policies: co-payments, deductibles, co-insurances, in- and out of network status and responsibilities, and referral requirements.
It is also importantto beawarethat each insurance company may offer many different plans. . Please be sure that North Hudson Community Action Corporation Health Center participates in your individual plan.
- Debit Cards
- Credit Cards: Visa / MasterCard / Discover/American Express
Sliding Scale for fees
If you’re uninsured, you may qualify to pay a reduced price for some services and treatments at our health centers. The exact amount you pay depends on your income and family size. This is the “Sliding Scale.”
Once you qualify for the Sliding Scale, you can use it for 12 months. If your income or family size changes during those 12 months, you must let us know.
- NHCAC-Sliding Fee Scale